DVDO Edge Video Processor
click smaller images to enlarge
You Save: $250.00 (31 %)
Out of stock!
Item Number: DVDO-EDGE
more about EDGE watch the Introduction Video
review of the DVDO Edge on Tekzilla and HD Nation
Anchor Bay DVDO EDGE Video Scaling Video
EDGE is a high quality video processor and intelligent A/V hub that
converts standard definition, high definition and PC signals from up to
ten sources to any HDTV resolution up to 1080p. EDGE has complete
aspect ratio control that allows you to watch the way that you want,
with or without the "black bars". EDGE will also automatically sync up
the audio with the video, eliminating the AV lipsync problem.
Deinterlacing of Standard Definition and High Definition signals to
give the highest quality video from all interlaced sources including
most cable, satellite and over-the-air broadcasts.
- Precision Video Scaling up to 1080p for perfect
matching to your HDTV.
Noise Reduction to reduce the compression artifacts in digitally
compressed signals, like cable, satellite and internet-based video.
- Fine Detail and Edge Enhancement allow you to
adjust the sharpness of the picture to your liking.
Improves Video Quality of improperly processed video by sources such as
a DVD player, Blu-ray, or cable/satellite box, using DVDO’s exclusive
PReP - Progressive ReProcessing.
- Eliminates LipSync Problems by removing the common
between audio and video.
- Intuitive user interface with Set-Up Wizards that
installation a breeze.
- On Screen Hints guide the user as they navigate the
- Pushing one device button automatically makes all
changes using Auto Priority feature.
- Back-lit Universal Remote Control simplifies system
cleans off coffee table.
HDMI 1.3 Audio/Video Inputs, including 1 on the front panel for Game
Consoles, Digital Cameras, Camcorders, or any other device with HDMI.
- 3D Passthrough - HDMI 1.4a specifies a large number of 3D
formats, and it specifies a smaller number of formats whose support is
mandatory for 3D displays. EDGE and iScan Duo will pass the mandatory
formats through from input to output, based on the specifications.
- 4 Analog Video Inputs, including 2 Component Inputs, 1
and 1 Composite Video.
Separate audio inputs that can be assigned to any of the video inputs,
including 3 Optical Digital, 1 Coaxial Digital, and 1 Stereo Analog
- 2 HDMI 1.3 Outputs - 1 that supports audio and video
can be connected directly to an HDTV and 1 that supports audio only
that can be connected directly to A/V Receiver. An Optical Digital
audio output is also available for legacy A/V receivers that do not
with enhanced-definition or high-definition widescreen TVs with an HDMI
audio/video input or a DVI video input and AV Receivers with an HDMI or
Optical Digital audio input.
more black bars
of those “black bars” on your HDTV? EDGE allows you to choose how you
want the image to fill the screen with seperate horizontal and vertical
Video processing causes the video
to be delayed. At the same time if the audio is not delayed you will
experience an AV Lipsync issue. Precision AV LipSync™ automatically
puts the correct delay on the audio so that the audio and incoming
video signal are perfectly in sync. Some signals, like cable and
satellite, inherently have a lipsync problem and for those sources EDGE
has up to 200 milliseconds of user-adjustable audio delay.
Gamer Specific Features
low latency processing modes allow game consoles to be connected to
your HDTV without compromising “playability”. A front panel HDMI input
also facilitates the connection of these game consoles.
Universal Remote Control
comes with a backlit preprogrammed and learning remote that can control
up to seven devices, in addition to EDGE. The remote has a luxurious
"soft-touch" finish that feels good in your hand. Direct access codes
for aspect ratio control, including Zoom, and input switching are also
- Ten Video Inputs
- One Composite (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
- One S-Video (NTSC/PAL/SECAM)
- One Component (YPbPr or RGB/S) processes
480i/p-60, 576i/p-50, 720p-50/60, 1080i-50/60, 1080p-60
Component/RGBHV (YPbPr/RGBS/RGBHV) processes 480i/ p60, 576i/p-50,
720p-50/60, 1080i-50/60, 1080p-60, VGA/SVGA/ XGA/SXGA@60Hz
- Six HDMI 1.3 processes 480i/p-60, 576
720p-50/60, 1080i-50/60, 1080p-24/50/60, VGA/SVGA/XGA/SXGA@60Hz
- Eleven Audio Inputs
- Six HDMI 1.3
- One Coaxial Digital (assignable)
- Three Optical Digital (assignable)
- One Analog Left/Right (assignable)
- One HDMI 1.3 Audio/Video Output (For
- Backwards compatible with DVI displays
- Two Digital Audio Outputs
- One HDMI 1.3 ‘Audio Only’ output for
- One Optical Digital for receivers without
- Preset output resolutions
- 480p-60 (720x480@60Hz)
- 720p-60 (1280x720@60Hz)
- 1080i-60 (1920x1080@60Hz)
- 1080p-60 (1920x1080@60Hz)
- 576p-50 (720x576@50Hz)
- 720p-50 (1280x720@50Hz)
- 1080i-50 (1920x1080@50Hz)
- 1080p-50 (1920x1080@50Hz)
- 1080p-24 (1920x1080@24Hz)
- 1080p-25 (1920x1080@25Hz)
- VGA (640x480@60Hz)
- Backlit Universal IR remote control with
input access codes and rear panel IR connector (mini-jack)
- Functions accessible via On Screen Display
- Fully programmable controls for each video
with non-volatile memories:
- Automatic input source detection
input priority selection
- Picture controls: Fine Detail, Edge
Enhancement, Mosquito Noise Reduction, Brightness, Contrast,
- Internal universal power supply: 100 – 240
- Consumption <20W
- Standby Mode – automatic 30 second timeout
indicated by power indicator color change
- Physical Dimensions (height x width x
- 2.1” x 16.9” x 10.3” (26.3cm x 43.4cm x
- Weight – Complete Package: 9.2 lbs.
- Unit Only: 6.2 lbs.
|This Item's Warranty is:
|- 12 Months Parts
|- 12 Months Labor
|Warranty provided by
|- Anchor Bay